As the calendar winds down and everyone stops coming into the office (leaving us slow on #content), we wanted to give a brief thanks to every one of you fine humans for visiting the site and supporting Jenkem this year.
We wouldn’t be able to do anything without all of you, and we’re eternally grateful that we’re able to investigate stories, talk shit and make content around the best piece of wood in the world. With your help clicking around and sharing Jenkem nonsense w/ your friends we were able to do a couple of somewhat decent things this year:
• publish another book
• throw a bunch of events (and get u drunk & laid)
• interview lots of weirdos
• travel near and far (but mostly near)
• hang with our favorite pro skaters
• write 1 or 2 semi serious articles
• and, most importantly of all, take this tiny joke from one of our illustrator’s drawings and this meme, and turn both of them into unnecessary merchandise.
Thanks for all your comments, tattoos, DMs, thoughtful critiques, dick pix, and that one hot chick who actually sent dope nudes. We’re planning new things for next year that we hope will hype you up at least once and weird you out at least twice.
Contents gonna be slow this week (and next TBH) but to keep you busy in the meantime, here’s an old video of Steve Berra pretending to attack AVE and Dyrdek with a machete. Or this unreleased commercial for the Vol. 2 board game that we never put out because it’s cringy AF.
-Your Friends at Jenkem
ps. If there’s anything you want to see us do / investigate / interview in 2019, feel free to leave a line in the comments and if the idea doesn’t totally suck we’ll do our best to make it happen. Pinky promise.