Afterwards, we got some overly personal DMs asking for more cooking vids. Naturally, we forgot about it for a couple months, then we remembered and met up with Yaje again to see what else he wanted to chef up.
Keeping with his Hare Krishna background, Yaje decided to make Saag Paneer. He took us to an Indian grocery store in the East Village to cop fresh vegetables and spices, then brought us to his art-filled apartment to get to business. Mark Suciu even came by to instigate an intense skate nerd debate.
Peep the vid and get motivated to cook something healthy for yourself tonight. Or just pop a Hot Pocket on the George Foreman grill and settle in for a cozy night on the toilet. Your choice!
Yaje’s Magic Recipe
1 gallon of whole milk
1 cheese cloth
1 bundle of spinach (extra baby spinach optional)
ghee (clarified butter)
garam masala spice
potato (chopped or creamed, depending on desired consistency)
flax seed (optional for blended spinach mixture)
◦ strain milk curds in cheese cloth until mostly dry, cut cheese into cubes
◦ boil spinach with whole peeled potato, strain and blend spinach with coconut milk
◦ melt ghee in pot, cook diced onion, garlic, turmeric, and ginger
◦ add blended spinach mixture, cut up potato, cheese cubes, and spices to pot
◦ simmer until satisfied, serve with rice and whatever else