Longboarder_Jenkem_Article

There comes a time in every man’s life when they inevitably ask themselves, “Am I a longboarder?” When this point comes, stop what you are doing. Don’t panic. It may have happened when you found yourself staring at the larger, bigger boarded people on the street, with their shirts off, sweat glistening in the sun. It may have began when you had urges to go faster while wearing tight leather pants and a hemet for “protection”. It may have happened after you stumbled upon beastiality. These feelings are natural, and it can be a very confusing time for a young person who might really be a longboarder.

To help you though this turbulent time, we here at Jenkem Magazine have put together a “Touch Your Inner Longboarder™,” questionnaire. If you check at least one of these off, you may be a longboarder.

1) Do I enjoy mallgrabbing the board more than actually riding it?

2) Do I like it longer and skinnier than shorter and fatter?

3) Did I try skateboarding? Was I terrible? Could I not ollie, do tricks, ride?

4) Does dressing in Oakley sunglasses, Element plaid shorts, flip flops and tight Hurley t-shirts that show off my ripped beach bod really express who I am?

5) When riding, do I tend to push my body forward and get on all fours for maximum speed? Do I rest my hands on my ass because it’s more aerodynamic?

6) Do I label myself as an adrenaline junkie? Would I participate in freerunning or cliffjumping to get other totally extreme rushes?

7) Am I a hip 40+ year old yuppie dad thats “still got it?” Do I force my kids to follow me around with their Razor scooter as I shred the concrete waves of Long Island?

If you have shown any of these signs, don’t worry – your life is still worth living. You still have a great supportive community of rollerbladers, scooter kids and college goons.

Comments

1. Westicle

August 12, 2011 11:15 am

Seriously? I longboard and skateboard, and started skating first. I can do tech tricks, stair sets, rails, etc. but I enjoy longboarding a shit ton more. Downhill riders are gnarly as fuck considering the speeds they reach and the falls they take. I agree there’s definitely been some longboarders I’ve met that are pretty fucking gay, but that equally goes for skateboarders. Talk about fruit booting or some shit… Do you think pool skating and surfing are gay too?

I love this fucking site.. your writing is awesome, but longboarding is dope. Shit on something else.

• Schmee

October 10, 2011 12:59 am

beat it fool. 2 stairs, ebay flat bars, and anti caspers dont count as ever being a skateboarder, thats something you tried, couldnt commit too, so you picked up the commercial alternative so you can still say you ride a board.

• Brad

November 29, 2011 3:41 am

Commercial alternative… The fact that downhill longboarding is a smaller sport is one of the things that makes it so great. With skateboarding you have complete fag fucks such as Ryan Sheckler and commercial names like Tony Hawk. It is impossible to completely live off of winnings and sponsorship for longboarding. Sure there’s a ton of fags in longboarding, but with tech skateboarding being as popular as it is, its a natural beacon for fags looking to do whats cool… Skateboardings Skateboarding and people are people, always going to be douches that ruin shit.

Everything aside the main post is fucking hilarious.

• NatruallyBusty

April 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Im sorry Ryan Sheckler is a sell out but is still better than you will ever be so please stfu.

• Danny MacDeisels

November 26, 2012 6:10 pm

and whoever you are street skating has been raped by corporate sponsors. downhill skateboarding is all community based. based god. wassup haters?!

• Rock Steady

January 26, 2014 8:26 am

DANNY! “..all community based” get the fuck out of here. you actually think politics is what drives “regular” skaters to skate – as it seems to drive you to longboard, because it’s “community based”?

And you use “rape” as a metaphor – which is inappropriate, weak, and makes you sound like a longboarding bro kook.

And then you say “wassup haters?”, like you made a point. You def go shopping at the mall.

And why do you think corporate sponsors are a bad thing, brad? Because you’ve listened to too much Green Day?

And as for BRAD: Sheckler rips. why are you calling him a fag? And Tony Hawk is a hero. You clearly are a poseur who probably listened to Flo.Ri.Da and T-Pain back in the day

• NatruallyBusty

April 13, 2014 7:42 pm

To bad everything you pretty much use is made by a corp dipstick.

• Bubbles

February 5, 2013 12:22 pm

Lol, Longboarding is the commercial alternative to skateboarding? You should do a little research into who owns your favorite skateboard brand. And do they make more money off skateboards, or t-shirts and shoes sold to pre-teens and high schoolers. Longboarding is, for the most part, a smaller, less commercial, less corporate sport.

Look before you leap fan boy.

• jerald

November 13, 2013 5:18 pm

Shut your mouth you pussy fuck

2. Westicle

August 12, 2011 11:21 am

oh and anyone I see dressed in the clothes you described, would be getting a good scrotal kicking.

3. Erik S

August 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Wow. A brilliant piece written by an virulently homophobic 6th grader. Why not do yourself a favor and come out of the closet?

• BigBob

March 8, 2012 5:20 pm

…said the longboarder.

• Very mad

November 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Oh wow, because he’s tried both skateboarding and longboarding and you won’t leave a ~30 inch popsicle stick his opinion is somehow the invalid one.

There are idiots in either activity, the kids who just carry equipment around and are terrible at actually using it exist in everything from photography to tennis to surfing to skateboarding to longboarding, etc etc etc. There are and always will be tons and tons of posers, but there are plenty of people who are passionate, even in longboarding.

As for the kid who wrote this, grow up and quit being so closed-minded. Street skate took the same shit longboarding is taking now back in its day, but from vert skaters. You sound like you’re in middle school with all this “gay is bad” shit.

4. Mitch D