1. Whine like a bitch – Any tricks you don’t land first try, freak out on your board like you’ve had blueballs for a month cause your catholic girlfriend won’t let anyone but her minister touch her. Scream loudly, punish that board and let people know what a good father you will be. Good way to impress the little kids around and get everyone else to hate you
2. Snake’em. Snake’em good- You know that annoying guy at parties who always interrupts you and then talks about himself for 15 minutes? This is what you need to do with your skating. You are more important than everyone else at the park and everyone needs to recognize. Make it look like you’re letting someone go, then as soon as he gets on the board, SNAKE’EM. Then give him filthy looks so he feels like he ran into you.
3. Go to the spot/park with a group of rollerblading friends- It’s hard to pinpoint exactly why rollingblading is so horrible. The lame grinds? The way they call it “aggressive inline”? The goofy trackpants? Next time you’re looking for some filthy looks, bring your buddies from the Christian club and have a rollerblade X-travaganza on the box. Everyone will love that. Visors, baggy pants and full pads not included.
4. Spit all over the place - Don’t just spit anywhere, spit where it counts. You have to hit all the vital areas. Next to the rail, on the pyramid, and my favorite – at the bottom of the stairs. For extra punishment, snot rocket, or even better, leave your gum around. Everyone loves freshly melted gum stuck inside their griptape on a warm summer day. Yum.
5. Do tricks other people are trying first try- You see some kid working his ass off trying the same trick over and over. It’s its your job to come into the situation and remind him how good you are, how easy the trick is, and how pathetic his life has just become. You can’t argue with talent!
Check out more of the Jenkem Articles.
10 EXCEPTIONAL SKATEBOARD TRICKS… ON DRUGS
Skateboarders navigate life much like they've learned to navigate the streets on their skateboards, largely by trial and error.
MEET THE MAN WHO SKATED 700 MILES
This guy puts longboarders to shame.
JENKEM MIX 18: THPS
To everyone still trying to get their special meter glowing, this one’s for y’all!
AN INTERVIEW WITH KEELAN DADD AND HIS GIRLFRIEND
Sharing girls, leaving DGK and his $10,000 a month sponsorship.
LOCALS: BUILDING NYC’S NOTORIOUS DIY SPOTS WITH JERRY MRAZ
Whether you know it or not, you have probably seen or skated a spot built by Jerry Mraz